Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Swing, Swing, Sweet beginnings do arise

Stress. Stress. Stress.

So far, this week has been yet another emotional roller coaster. Some days I am on top of the world, living up my last few days with my best friends. The next minute, I'm getting a headache thinking of all the possibilities that exist after I leave this amazing place. Not to mention my Campaigns class project, schoolwork, Greek Week and Student Ambassadors. Stress, baby.

Ever since I was young, swinging just seemed to relax me. When I first learned how to pump my legs, I felt the coolest kind of freedom. It makes me feel like I'm flying and that, y'all, is just what I need sometimes. If I am truly at the end of my wits, I say something positive on every upswing. Other times, I blast out a positive playlist on the old iPod or just let my mind wander in the quiet.

Tonight, I had company. I was getting giggles from a pack of 8 year olds during my whole swing sesh but ya know what... So?? They were having fun, I was having fun. (But can't you get timeout or something for laughing at the other children? Rude.)

My friends think I'm crazy, but honestly, a nice long swing does the body good. Literally. My glutes and arms are shakin' but I can actually hear myself think again. And that's groovy.

What do y'all do when you need to de-stress?? I am obviously going to need some more ideas in the coming weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment