Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Expectations vs. Reality


Expectations. Reality.

Firstly, this is one of my favorite movies of all time. I think it is so witty, so well put together and such a strange twist and turn of events. This montage gets me every.single.time.

I love to look at life this way, as a series of expectations vs. reality. I feel like I always see things as I expect them to be. Sometimes I find myself going through an event in the "perfect" way several times before it even happens.

I also find that the lower my expectations are for something, the more surprised I am with a pleasant outcome. The more I look forward to something and build it up in my mind, the easier it is to come crashing down.

Whenever I let my little metaphorical buggy get in front of my little metaphorical horse, I always think of this scene. Albeit a little disappointing, I feel like 500 Days hits the ol' nail right on the head! Plus, who doesn't want to take 2 hours out of their day to daydream that they're Zooey Deschanel? I do. I ain't gonna lie. I just do.

Happy rainy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment