Sunday, April 24, 2011

Let's Run Away Forever, Let's Spend Some Time Together


We'll never feel bad anymoreeeeee- Oh Weezer, your peppy tunes keep me afloat :)

So, after much inspiration from my friends and of course great advice from Miss Christine at Bun and Borough, I have strapped on the old running shoes. I typically am one to run only if I am being chased, but for some reason I have been really inspired recently! Here are some things keeping me motivated:

1. Accountability. A lot of my friends and I have been keeping track of each others fitness and that has been working so well for me. Though I can't necessarily run or work out with anyone else, seeing "WWJD (What Would Jillian Michaels Do?)" right on the fridge really keeps things in perspective.

2. A rockin' soundtrack. Fun, fast paced grooves keep me wanting to move and also help with my timing and pacing. I am trying to roughly follow the Couch to 5K program, and each song is around 2 minutes-- purrrrfect. Plus, who can sit still when you hear this: We are young. Heartache to heartache, we stand. No promises, no demands. LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD!". Uhh, didn't think so.

3. Spectators. Usually, beeping from a car is not a positive thing in my book. However, when I'm in the zone, hear a honk and look up to be greeted with a big smile and a thumbs up, it makes my swagger that much more fierce.

4. Nature. The weather has been exceptional recently (besides the ridiculous amount of pollen...!) and it means so much to me to get to hang out outside and get my run on. I am also appreciating my gorgeous city and campus as much as I can before I head out! Fresh air does a multitude of things for the ol' body and, like, how cute is it when you see a bunny, a deer or a sweet little bird chillin' by your path? I felt like freaking Cinderella!

5. Timing is everything. In these last 2 weeks of school, I am jam packing school work, hanging with friends and tying up loose ends. It's HARD to make time for exercise, especially a one hour class where you have to get yourself together at a specific time and just... ack. A run can be short, long, in the morning, in the evening, and it can also get me from point A to point B!

No comments:

Post a Comment