Friday, April 22, 2011

Hey, it's ok!

When my brother and I were little, we were very confident in ourselves. I don't know if we picked it up from Sesame Street or from something my parents would say, but when we did something wrong, we would always say "but thas ok!" Ex: "I broke a lamp.. But thas ok!" Like we were letting ourselves off the hook. Too funny.

One of my favorite parts of Glamour magazine is the section called "Hey! It's ok!" It basically outlines a few things people might do on the sly and says "Ya know what, don't be embarrassed! You're not alone and what you're doing is coool with the Universe". Not only is this SUCH a fun and funny section, but we could all be a little easier on ourselves. So, without further ado, I bring you a new weekly feature, Hey! It's Ok! (all credit goes to Glamour, I'm just a loyal fan!)



It's ok to eat a cupcake for breakfast. They are cute and tasty and that's really all I have to say on the topic.

It's ok to ditch your iPod for the day and catch snippits of other people's conversations on your daily bus ride. (why don't you listen to nature and your own mind, while you're at it?!)

It's ok to convince yourself that you are getting some of your daily protein from eating a Reese's egg.

It's ok to peek at the end of your book to see if you can figure out who's fallen in love by the last chapter and if they live happily ever after.

It's ok to talk with your roommates in a completely made-up accent. or a completely made up language altogether, if we're going there.

It's ok to pack a bag and grab a buddy (or alone!) and run off for the night on an impromptu roadtrip.


Remember to be easy on yourself this week. You're your own best friend and believe me, you haven't let you down yet!


image via weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment