Monday, March 28, 2011

Senior Year Spaz-Out

Everyone's heard of the Sophomore Slump. Everyone's surely heard of Senioritis. But the Senior-Year Spaz Out must truly be experienced to be understood. It can come in the middle of the night, the day of a huge test/exam or simply spending time that you know you won't have forever with friends you know may be far away in a few short weeks.

Up until this morning, I was cool as as cucumber. Picture me with an April calendar, nonchalantly filling in the last 6 weekend blocks with camping trips, mini-vacations and daylong shenanigans in our own backyards. Explaining to the DMV that I only had my current address for ONE more month? No sweat. Yammering on to my cousins about the bedding I had picked out for my future apartment (in which I will live and travel to the job I don't have...) big whoop!

But today, today it all hit me. I was just returning e-mails and trying to figure out where I could squeeze in a campus tour when my little eyes welled up. No more campus tours. No more sorority formals. No more mornings in bed playing on Adobe InDesign, putting off studying rocks and landslides.

Don't get me wrong, I am so excited for the next step, whatever it may be. But as my wise friend told me, once this realization hits, it doesn't subside. And every little thing I complain about, I now feel guilty because I will never have these little worries again. So, I suppose I am complaining less and being grateful more.... There, isn't that nice??

No comments:

Post a Comment