Thursday, March 17, 2011

Big City Life!

During my spring break, I was lucky enough to get to roadtrip my little Pontiac down to Charlotte, NC. My friend lives there and I have been dying to return ever since my visit last year.

Charlotte appeals to me in a variety of different ways. It is close to home, which is important to me for a first job. While I am definitely open to travel and leaving the "bubble" (a 3-hour radius my Dad created!), a close proximity to home is a luxury I would love to have as I begin my career.

Charlotte is a big city, but it has a small town feel. Whenever I talk about it, I like to equate it to my experience with JMU. I was nervous at first to venture away from Roanoke, I loved it the minute I stepped foot in the area, and I know that I want to spend some time there. also, it is just Southern enough for me to feel right at home!

I spent a lot of time site-seeing, lounging outside and of course, a little shopping! The city seemed to have so much to offer and such a great variety of living areas, entertainment and employment. Truly something for everyone! I can already picture myself showing my parents around the cool museums and running around the cute downtown area with my girlfriends. Too soon? Ehh, a girl can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment