Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Job Search Continues...

I have returned safely (and soundly!) from a relaxing spring break! I am continuing to search high and low for a job that would be a perfect fit!

Recently, I have been very interested in the nonprofit field. I love the idea of serving others every single day through the work that I do. I have become very attached to the missions of the organizations that I am applying for, and I hope that my skills match their needs.

Throughout college, I have been very involved in volunteering and service. It never occurred to me until recently that I could, in fact, combine my love of PR, social media and communication with my passion for helping others.

I am still on the hunt in many different fields for opportunities. I have been lucky to meet many amazing people during my college career, making lasting connections. They have been so helpful to turn to for advice and suggestions about the "grown-up" world! While I am so drawn to the nonprofit field, my eyes and my mind are open all across the board.

Earlier today in a "life chat" with my roommate, it occurred to us that the right job definitely will find us one way or another. I know, I know... DUH! Sometimes it just helps to say it out loud and to hear someone else agree with you. We have 8 weeks left of classes and college life, and the job hunt is just nothing to get so spun up over :)

Well, those are all my ramblings for today. Stay tuned for more (hopefully positive!) updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment