Monday, September 6, 2010

Back to School!

So far, there has been a lot of action in the College Girl's life! The summer ended well with some time spent with my family both at home and at the beach. It was hard to spend such a short amount of time with them after being gone all summer, but I wouldn't have traded my fabulous internship for the world!

I arrived back at school a little over a week ago, and it feels just like I've never left! I immediately got back into the swing of things and began to make all new SENIOR YEAR (!!!) memories with my best friends.

As far as classes go this semester, I am really excited for a challenging and interesting schedule. The class I am the most worried about is my science lab class, the Physics of Light and Sound. Now, I have not taken any kind of Science since about the 10th grade, and my college Math skills have not been fine tuned since my days of Math 103 Freshman year. I have a great friend in the class and lots of beautiful, left brained cohorts to help me through this journey, so I trust that I will make it out alive!

The class that I am most excited about is my Public Relations Management course. We will study different theories and environments for Public Relations as well as review case studies throughout the semester to learn the ins and outs of running a successful campaign. This class is designed to prepare us to enroll next semester in our PR capstone class in which we are presented with a real client in the community and we are charged with designing and implementing a campaign for their organization. One of the things I love most about my program of study here is the opportunities we are given for service learning. We really get to put our knowledge to the test and kick it up a notch working outside of the classroom.

My other courses consist of a Religion course, which should be very interesting, along with a course in Business and Professional Communication. I am especially excited for the additional Communication course because it will help fine tune my resume and interview skills and prepare me for the real world and future employment (hopefully!)

The second week of classes begins today, so I am excited to see where the semester takes me and to finally get rolling on my senior year! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment